I am going to keep the attractions and special events together for October 2020. I am going to the events and attraction within each place, not of type of place. For instance, all of Naples Botanic Gardens attractions and events will be under one section instead of two. Additionally, if there are any special events that are not at one of the places they will be in a special events section on top.
Some places have re-opened since they closed for coronavirus, but still have some restrictions and limitations. I will provide the most updated info I have at the time of the post, but check the websites of the places for the most current info.
10/3 – Snip Collier 5k Walk/Run at Cambier Park : 7 am. There is also virtual option. Cost $15-30. Running in the USA
10/8 – Evenings on 5th : 6:30 – 9:30 pm. 5th Ave South Calendar
10/10 – Rocktoberfest 5k/10k Run at North Collier Regional Park : 6:45 am. There is also virtual option. Cost $39-49. Running in the USA
10/10 – Fine Arts & Craft Show at Cambier Park : 10 – 4 pm. Naples Artcrafters
10/17 – Gulf to Gulf 80 Mile Relay at Cambier Park : 6 am. There is also virtual option. Cost $40. Running in the USA
10/31 – Halloween on 5th Spooktacular Online Only : 4:30 – 7:30 pm. 5th Ave South Calendar
The Artis-Naples (Museum and Theater) closed till October:
- They have limited tours. Go to their website for updates at Artis Coronavirus Updates. They will list the 2020-2021 exhibits sometime this summer.
- Exhibits are 100 Iconic Works and Subject Matters from the Permanent Collection
- 10/11 – Dvorak “American” Wang Chamber Music : 3 pm
- 10/14 – All That Jazz : 5:30 pm and 8:30 pm
- 10/13 and 10/18 – All Beethoven : 3 pm
5833 Pelican Bay Blvd, Naples, FL 34108, (239) 597-1111
Collier County Museum
- Never No More: Storter’s Southwest Florida at Marco Island Historical Museum: ends 12/5
- Tara O’Neill: Bodies in Motion at Naples Depot Museum : ends 11/21
- Trading Post at Southwest Florida at Museum of Everglades : ends 11/28
- They do not have any programs or events planned, but they have a Stories We Tell podcast on their website and more pictures and history on there Facebook and Instagram pages.
Collier Museum at Government Center – 3331 Tamiami Trail E, Naples, FL 34112 (239) 252-8476. Hours are Tuesday – Saturday 9 am – 4 pm
Immokalee Pioneer Museum at Roberts Ranch – 1215 Roberts Avenue West, Immokalee, FL 34142 (239) 252-2611. Hours are Tuesday – Saturday 9 am – 4 pm
Museum of the Everglades – 105 Broadway Ave W, Everglades City, FL 34139 (239) 252-0526. Hours are Tuesday – Saturday 9 am – 4 pm
Marco Island Historical Museum – 180 S Heathwood Dr, Marco Island, FL 34145 (239) 252-1440. Hours are Tuesday – Saturday 9 am – 4 pm.
Naples Depot Museum – 1051 5th Ave S, Naples, FL 34102 (239) 252-8419. Hours are Tuesday – Saturday 9 am-4 pm
Admission is free. For more information go to Collier County Museum
- 11/7 – 11/29 – Higher
- Wednesday – Saturday : 7:30 pm
- Wednesday and Saturday : 2 pm
- Sunday : 3 pm
Administrative Office: 1010 5th Avenue South Suite 205 Naples, Florida 34102 (239) 261-7529
Performance: The Norris Center 755 – 8th Avenue South, Naples, Florida 34102 (239) 213-3058
Tickets are $23-$75. For more information go to Gulfshore Playhouse
- Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays : Live music in either front of Bravo or at event lawn : 6 – 8:30 pm. Go to website for schedule
- 10/28 – Hallowine 2020 presents “Let the Ghoul Times Roll” : 6 – 9 pm
9132 Strada Place, Naples FL 34108, (239) 254-1080. For more information go to Mercato Events
Naples Art Association
- Collier Close-Up : ends 12/7
- Saint Ann Latino Contemporary Art Auction: ends 10/16
- Tai Chi at Naples Art Association – Every Saturday and Sunday: 9 – 10 am. Free.
585 Park Street Naples, FL 34102, (239) 262-6517
Naples Botanical Gardens
- Impressionist’s Garden: Plein Air Paintings by Paul Arsenault : ends 11/8
- Steve Tobin : Nature Underground : 10/1 – 9/6/2021
- 10/3 – 10/4 : Free Admission for Bank of America Cardholders
- Sundays and Tuesdays – Dog Walk Days : 9 – 11 am
- They are open with limited hours and access. As of right now their are no programs or events on the calendar. In order to visit, tickets have to be bought online for a specific time.
Admission is $20 for adults (1/2 price for Collier/Lee County Resident), children $10 and free for under 4. Hours are 9 – 2 pm everyday. Have to order a ticket online for a specific entry time. Naples Botanical Garden Calendar
Naples Historical Society
- Historic Palm Cottage Tour – Tuesday – Fridays : 12 – 4 pm and Saturdays : 1 – 4 pm (no reservation needed). Tours are free to members and $12 for nonmembers. On Saturdays, Guided Tours do not need a reservation.
- Walking Tour of Naples Historic District at 9:30 am on Wednesdays. $16 for members and $22 for nonmembers. Must make a reservation.
137 12th Avenue South, Naples, FL, 34102, (239) 261-8164
For more information go to Naples Historical Society
Naples Holocaust Museum
- Liberation 75 : ends 10/23
- 10/14, 10/21 and 10/28 – Movies that Matter Discussion on Zoom : 7 pm
- All tickets have to be reserved on their website.
975 Imperial Golf Course Blvd., Naples, FL 34110 (239) 263-9300
Admission is $15 for adults and $10 for students (ages 12-22). Hours are 1 – 4:30 pm Tuesday – Sunday. For more information go to Naples Holocaust Museum
Hours: Tuesday – Sunday : 1 – 4 pm
The Naples Players
- TNP Drive-in Movie Night ($45-60)
- 10/21: Little Shop of Horrors
- 10/28: Hocus Pocus
- 10/8 – 10/17 : Yours Truly at Cambier Park
- Wednesday – Saturday : 7:30 pm
- Saturday and Sunday : 2 pm
The Naples Players Community Theater
701 5th Avenue South, Naples, Florida 34102, (239) 263-7990
Tickets are $20. For more information go to Naples Players
Rookery Bay (closed until further notice)
- Keewaydin Island, Cape Romano, Kice Island, and Shell Island Road (boat ramp and kayak launch) are open
- The Rookery Bay Environmental Learning Center and Second Chance Sandbar are closed
- They are offering private kayak tours and rentals
300 Tower Road Naples, Florida 34113, (239) 530-5940
Admission is $5 for adults and $3 for children for educational center and gallery is free. Hours are 9am-4pm, Monday Thru Friday. For more information go to Rookery Bay
The Studio Players
- Walter Cronkite is Dead
- 10/2, 10/3, 10/9, 10/10 : 7:30 pm
- 10/4 and 10/11 : 3 pm
4701 Golden Gate Pkwy, Naples, FL 34116. (239) 398 – 9192.
TheaterZone (ended 2019-2020 early and will start with new show in October)
- Home for the Holidays
- 12/11 – 12/12 : 7:30 pm
- 12/12 – 12/13 : 2 pm
13275 Livingston Road, Naples, FL 34109, (888)966 – 3352.
For more information go to TheaterZone
Bird Rookery Swamp Trail
- Guided Walk Wednesdays : 9 am. Cost $5
- 11/7 and 11/21 – Bike the Loop at CREW Bird Rookery : 8 am. Cost $10
1295 Shady Hollow Blvd, Naples, FL 34120
Open one hour before sunrise and one hour after sunset. Bird Rookery Swamp Trail
Conservancy of Southwest Florida (closed until further notice)
- The Conservancy is closed, but the Arx Von Wildlife Hospital is open. They are doing a big remodel at the Nature Center and will not be open till 2021.
- 10/24 – 10/25 – RedSnook Charity Fish Tournament
- Daily Program Schedule
- 11:15 am – Be a Biologist
- 12:15 pm – Scales and Tales
- 1:15 pm – Ocean Discoveries
- 2:15 pm – Wonders of Wildlife
- Eco Cruise on Rookery Bay – at 10 am on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Fee for members $37 for adults and $15 for children and non-members are $47 for adults and $20 for children
- Electric Boat Rides depart between 10 – 3 pm everyday
1495 Smith Preserve Way, Naples, FL, 34102, (239) 262-0304
Hours are Monday thru Saturday from 9:30-4:30 pm, and closed on Sundays. Admission is free for members, $14.95 for adults, $9.95 for children ages 3-11, and free for children under 3. For more information go to SWFL Conservancy
Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary (closed until further notice)
- Complimentary Guided Boardwalk Tours – occurs at 10:30 am on certain days. Free with admission
375 Sanctuary Road, Naples, Florida 34120, (239) 348-9151.
Hours are 7-5:30 pm. Last admission is an hour before closing. Admission is $14 for adults, $10 for National Audubon Society member, $4.00 for children ages 6-18 and free for children under 6 and friends of corkscrew. For more information go to Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary
Naples Zoo at Caribbean Gardens (opened 5/22 with limited capacity)
- The zoo reopened on 5/22 with limited capacity. You have to order tickets online ahead of time because they are only letting a certain amount of people in at a time.
- Everyday Activities Happening at the zoo
- 9:30 – Species Spotlight in Safari Grand Theater
- 10:00 – Reptile Encounter in Safari Grand Theater
- 10:30 – Species Spotlight in Safari Grand Theater
- 11:00 – Species Spotlight in Safari Grand Theater
- 12:00 – Species Spotlight in Safari Grand Theater
- 1:00 – Species Spotlight in Safari Grand Theater
- 2:00 – Reptile Encounter in Safari Grand Theater
- 3:00 – Alligator Bay Feeding, sponsored by Gator County 101.9 FM and Sunbelt Rentals
- Primate Expedition Cruise Times: Start at 8:45 am and end at 3:15 pm. There will be no cruises between 10:45 and 11:45 am.
- Wild Encounter (postponed for time being)
- Florida Panther – every Tuesday at 9 am. Members $39/person and non-member $49/person and admission fee.
- Giant Anteater – every Tuesday at 11 am. Members $39/person and non-member $49/person and admission fee. Must be at least 5 years old.
- Giraffe – every Saturday at 10 am. Members $69/person and non-members $79/person and admission.
- Honey Badger – every Friday at 10 am. Members $29/person and non-members $39/person and admission.
- Red-Ruffed Lemur Encounter – every Monday at 11 am. Members $39/person and non-members $49/person
- Safari Squad
- 10/14 and 10/17 – Can Animals Move without Legs? – For ages 3-5. Includes arts and crafts, play stations, story time and animal encounter. Members $10/child and adult pair and non-members $12/child and adult pair and admission fee. $5 for an additional child.
1590 Goodlette-Frank Rd, Naples, Florida, 34102 (239) 262-5409
Free for members and children under 2. Admission fees are $14.95 for children 3-12, $22.95 for adults, $21.95 for 65 and over and $17.95 military personnel with identification. Free parking. Hours are 9 am-5 pm everyday. Last tickets are sold at 4 pm. For more information go to Naples Zoo
Village Shops on Venetian Bay
- They do not have any official events right now, but the stores and restaurants are open.
(239) 261-6100. Monday-Saturday : 10 – 6 pm and Sunday : 12 – 6 pm. For more information go to Venetian Village Shops